This building houses the boats used by the Don Fraser Club. It is situated on the banks of Freshwater Bay overlooking the Swan River.
The original boatshed was a weatherboard construction and was built in 1923. It was used as a bathingshed and the jetty was used for swimming lessons and trials until 1968 when the swimming pool was built. In 1958, a new boatshed was constructed of prefabricated mono-crete slab walls held together with steel columns. Site difficulties were overcome with the aid of the Army and Navy who delivered bulldozers, cranes, concrete mixers and other materials from the river using a landing barge. The boatshed was officially opened on 8 March 1958.