General Excellence Scholarships
General Excellence Scholarships are offered to boys not yet enrolled at Christ Church, who demonstrate outstanding potential to benefit from, contribute to, and influence others through the School's varied and challenging programme. Scholarships for General Excellence will be offered to boys applying to enter the Senior School from Years 8 to 11 on the basis of a formal application and interview. Boys are not required to sit an entrance examination.
General Excellence Scholarships attract a reduction in fees as determined by the Headmaster. A scholarship will continue until the student completes his education at Christ Church. However, this will be subject to the applicant’s adherence to standard enrolment protocols and to periodic review in which the holder demonstrates consistent and exemplary standards of effort, progress, involvement, contribution and influence within Christ Church.
The Headmaster must receive applications for these scholarships before the beginning of fourth term in the year preceding anticipated enrolment. The application should demonstrate an applicant’s talent in a range of co-curricular areas, his qualities of leadership, his willingness to become involved in all facets of school life and his academic potential. Applications should also include the applicant's last two school reports, NAPLAN assessments and a character reference by a person (not related to the family) who has had considerable contact with the applicant over time. As part of the application process shortlisted applicants will be invited, together with their families, for an interview with the Headmaster.
A General Excellence Scholarship may, in exceptional situations, be combined with a boarding bursary. However, this will be dependent on the particular circumstances of the applicant including confidential discussions between the Headmaster and parent(s) of the applicant in respect of financial circumstances.
In order to apply, parents are required to submit the following by Friday 27 September 2013:
- General Excellence Scholarship Cover Sheet
- A letter addressed to the Headmaster, which should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s academic potential as well as his talents in a range of co-curricular areas. The letter should also document the applicant’s leadership qualities and his capacity to become actively involved in all facets of school life.
- Application for Admission form (no application fee necessary).
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- The applicant’s last two school reports and NAPLAN assessment/s.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s current School Principal.
- A character reference by a person (not related) who has known the applicant over time.
Address applications to:
Mr Garth Wynne
Christ Church Grammar School
PO Box 399
CLAREMONT WA 6910