The Dean C Bowker Scholarship
Entry is open to all boys entering Year 7 in 2022
This scholarship recognises the commitment and dedication of old boy, former student and staff member Dean Bowker (1955). Dean played a significant role in the establishment of the Christ Church Foundation as well as formally engaging the ‘old boy’ alumni network. Under the leadership of Headmaster Tony Hill, Dean went on to establish the first fundraising office in the School.
Covering 50% of tuition fees, this scholarship is open to Australian students who meet the required criteria and, while subject to annual review, is tenable for the duration of the boy’s education at Christ Church. Applicants are considered on their ability to benefit from a Christ Church education and must clearly demonstrate financial hardship.
This scholarship is made possible by generous donations from our school community through the Old Boys’ Association Scholarship Trust.
The following scanned documents must be included with your online application.
- Completed and signed Statutory Declaration
- Two most recent school reports
- Most recent NAPLAN or other standardised test results
- Any specialist reports
- Birth certificate
- Hand-written letter by the applicant to the Principal, outlining why they would like to become part of the Christ Church community
- A character reference by a person (not related) who has known the student over time
- If born overseas, your child’s Permanent Residency or citizenship papers
- Any family court or parenting papers
Please note that applicants for The Dean C Bowker Scholarship will automatically be considered for The DJ Prosser Scholarship.
Applications close on Friday 25 June 2021 at 5.00pm. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by 30 July.
For further information, please email email@example.com or call 9442 1555.