The Perkins Family Scholarship
Entry is open to boys not currently studying at the School, who are sons or grandsons of Christ Church Grammar School old boys, and are entering Year 10 in 2022
This scholarship is named in memory of Harry Perkins who was one of the first members of our community to leave a bequest for this scholarship to Christ Church Grammar School. Harry’s significant connection and contribution to rural Western Australia, through his leadership of Wesfarmers, sees this scholarship awarded to the son or grandson of an old boy from a rural background who would not otherwise be able to attend the School.
Covering 50% of tuition fees, this scholarship is open to sons or grandsons of Christ Church old boys from a rural background who are not currently studying at the School. Students must meet the required criteria and, while subject to annual review, is tenable for the duration of the boy’s education at Christ Church. Applicants are considered on their ability to benefit from a Christ Church education and must clearly demonstrate financial hardship.
The scholarship, donated by the Perkins family, is offered through the Old Boys’ Association Education Fund.
The following scanned documents must be included with your online application.
- Completed and signed Statutory Declaration
- Two most recent school reports
- Most recent NAPLAN or other standardised test results
- Demonstration of old boy connection
- Demonstration of rural connection
- Any specialist reports
- Birth certificate
- Hand-written letter by the applicant to the Principal, outlining why they would like to become part of the Christ Church community
- A character reference by a person (not related) who has known the student over time
- If born overseas, your child’s Permanent Residency or citizenship papers
- Any family court or parenting papers
Applications close on Friday 25 June 2021 at 5.00pm. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by 30 July.
For further information, please email email@example.com or call 9442 1555.