Our Vocal Scholarship is open to boys entering Years 8 to 10 in 2021, wishing to come to Christ Church and current students. All applicants must demonstrate outstanding ability, enthusiasm and commitment in vocal performance. The Scholarship has a value of 50 percent of school tuition fees and includes tuition on voice lessons.
The successful candidate will be offered solo and ensemble opportunities across a variety of vocal/choral and instrumental ensembles, concert performances and drama productions. Should the candidate continue or commence learning an additional instrument, free instrumental tuition will apply. The instrumental tuition is in the form of a bursary which covers the cost of a minimum eight lessons per term at school.
As part of the audition process, applicants are required to:
- prepare two contrasting pieces of their choice, demonstrating vocal technique and ability, to a maximum of eight minutes length. Applicants may perform with a live accompanist or backing track (without a vocalist performing in the backing track) if they wish, to be organised by the applicant. Note: Please advise on the online application form if utilising a backing track so an appropriate sound system can be pre-arranged for the applicant’s audition.
- discuss their performance and ensemble experience, personal interests, aspirations and commitment to music.
No technical (e.g. scales or sight reading) or written music theory/aural work will be required.
All applicants will be notified of their audition time approximately one week before the audition date. Early application is encouraged.
The Scholarship is reviewed annually and is valid for the duration of a boy’s education at Christ Church, up to and including compulsory study of Year 11 and 12 ATAR Music.
The following documents must be included with your online application:
- Covering letter from the applicant addressed to the Principal, Mr Alan Jones explaining why the applicant is applying for the Vocal Scholarship at Christ Church.
- Copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- Copy of applicant’s most recent school report (not applicable if current Christ Church student).
- Copy of applicant’s most recent NAPLAN (clearly identified with applicant’s name).
Applications close on Friday 17 July 2020 at 4.00pm (WST).
For further information please contact: