The Years 7 to 10 academic program is broad-based and balanced, ensuring your son will be well prepared for his studies in Years 11 and 12. Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses and Workplace Learning opportunities are also on offer for boys seeking Technical and Further Education (TAFE) entry or apprenticeships.
In Years 7 to 10, all students study the following core subjects:
- English – develops critical and creative language skills involving study of a wide range of texts and fostering of the pursuit of knowledge.
- Humanities – challenges boys in areas such as archaeology, anthropology, philosophy, history, geography, sociology and commerce.
- Mathematics – plays a central role in emerging technologies and develops boys’ essential numeracy and literacy skills. These skills help them make sense of the world.
- Science – diversity, sustainability and conservation are key elements of this course.
- Health and Physical Education – equips boys with the tools and strategies to deal with stress, conflict, health and lifestyle issues.
The Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) is issued to all Year 12 graduates who meet the requirements of the certificate. Students are also issued with a statement of results, which outlines their Year 11 and 12 courses and results.