Published on: 1 February 2018
Our Year 12 music cohort of 2017 demonstrated true excellence in achieving amazing examination results and tertiary placements for continuing studies in music, at both WAAPA (Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts) and the University of Western Australia (UWA).
– Thomas Sisson, received 100% in his performance WACE examination, and has also been accepted into the West Australian Youth Orchestra as principal flautist and will study a double degree at UWA.
– Congratulations to violinists Joseph Kuek and Gary Song for excellent practical and written examination marks.
– Brendan Lock, our 2017 Vocal Scholar, received immediate acceptance into three performance domains during his auditions at WAAPA. The domains are; Theatre, Contemporary and Classical. Brendan is going to study a Bachelor of Music in classical voice.
– James Chapman will be studying jazz trumpet at WAAPA after being accepted into UWA and WAAPA for both jazz and classical degrees.
– Timothy Claxton, piano and voice, has been accepted into the Bachelor of Music course in classical voice at WAAPA, and is the first of the 2018 intake to receive 100% in the university entrance aural test.
– Angus McKenzie, guitar and voice, will be studying contemporary music at WAAPA.
– Ryan Zare has been successful in receiving a placement in the West Australian Youth Jazz Orchestra program for 2018 on tenor saxophone.
Students entering any year at Christ Church who are interested in learning an instrument or joining one of our many and diverse ensembles on offer are most welcome and strongly encouraged to visit or contact Ms Karen Sim in the Music Department at email@example.com for any queries.