Building Good Men – Boarding Scholarships
Our Building Good Men (BGM) Scholarships are available for boys wishing to attend Christ Church Grammar School, entering Years 7 to 10 in 2022 or 2023 and living in regional or remote areas.
The scholarship has a value of up to 50 percent of the school tuition fees and, while subject to annual review, is tenable for the duration of a boy’s education at Christ Church.
Successful applicants will be young men committed to their studies who can demonstrate involvement in other interests and their community. While academic application is important, we are interested in building good men who have a sense of who they are and what they can be.
It is not necessary for your son to sit an examination for this scholarship unless he would like to be considered for Council Scholarships (Academic and Music). Please see the information here for further details.
- Hand-written letter by the applicant to the Principal, outlining why they would like to become part of the Christ Church community
- The student’s two most recent school reports (if currently attending school)
- Any specialist reports and Australian curriculum assessments, for example NAPLAN, speech therapist, educational psychologist etc
- A character reference by a person (not related) who has known the student over time
- Birth certificate
- If born overseas, your child’s Permanent Residency or citizenship papers
- Any family court or parenting papers
Please note: All applicants are required to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Continuance of a BGM Scholarship is subject to the recipient’s adherence to the School’s standard enrolment protocols and periodic review by the Principal to ensure the scholarship holder consistently demonstrates exemplary standards of effort, progress, involvement, contribution and influence within Christ Church.
For any enquiries, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9442 1555.