Teaching & Learning
It is the quality of teaching that makes the difference to a child’s educational outcomes. The Christ Church Pedagogy (the art and science of teaching) is a product of extensive research, gained from classrooms across the globe, into what motivates boys and how boys learn best. It is at the forefront of all that we do, as we motivate every boy to achieve individual and collective excellence.
The following factors form the pillars of Christ Church Grammar School’s pedagogical framework:
- Catering for individual differences
- Providing structure and feedback
- Enhancing personal bests
Years 7 to 10
The Years 7 to 10 academic program is broad-based and balanced, ensuring boys are well prepared for Years 11 and 12.
All students study the following core subjects:
- Health and Physical Education
In addition, boys choose electives to study, including:
- Art and Drama
- Design and Technology
- Languages – Chinese (Mandarin), French and Japanese are on offer
Years 11 and 12
The Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) is issued to all Year 12 graduates who meet the requirements of the certificate. Students are also issued with a statement of results, outlining their Year 11 and 12 courses and results.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses and Workplace Learning opportunities are also on offer for boys seeking Technical and Further Education (TAFE) entry or apprenticeships.
- Year 7 2021 Academic Handbook
- Year 7 2022 Academic Handbook
- Year 8 2021 Academic Handbook
- Year 8 2022 Academic Handbook
- Year 9 2021 Academic Handbook
- Year 9 2022 Academic Handbook
- Year 10 2021 Academic Handbook
- Year 10 2022 Academic Handbook
- Year 11 2022 Subject Selection Information Booklet
- Year 11 2022 Subject Selection Interview Preparation Booklet
- Year 12 2020 Subject Selection
- 2021 Non-ATAR Pathways