Old Boys’ Association
The Old Boys’ Association, founded in 1917, furthers the development interests of the School while providing a forum for old boys to remain connected.
The Association hosts a range of old boy events throughout the year.
The Association is an independent organisation, administered by a committee of old boys who are elected on an annual basis. The committee is responsible for the running of the Association and the achievement of its objectives.
Of the 11,800 students who have passed through Christ Church Grammar School since its beginnings in 1910, 7,600 of these are on our current subscribers including 5,500 life members.
- To further the interests of Christ Church Grammar School.
- To support and foster the School and the activities of its students.
- To provide or assist in the provision of facilities for sporting, scientific, educational and cultural development at the School in the provision of career awareness programs and employment opportunities for its students.
- To encourage social interaction between its members.
Benefits of Life Membership
- Certificate, membership badge and Old Boys’ tie included
- 10% discount on Enrolment Fee for sons
- Free access to pool, gym and tennis courts (ID required)
- Free social membership of Claremont Yacht Club
- Access to the web-based Members’ Directory
- 50% discount for hire of School Chapel
- Discounted fees for KirbySwim Program
- Invitation to Life Members’ Annual Sundowner
- Receive the School’s magazine Chronicle each year
- Discount and $100 rebate on Defensive Driving Course for eligible Old Boys
How to apply
Old Boys’ Association Scholarship Trust
The Christ Church Grammar School Old Boys’ Association Scholarship Trust offers ‘Gift of Christ Church’ scholarships for any Australian boy of merit whose family does not have the means for the boy to attend the school. Currently there are five boys in the School on Scholarship Trust scholarships.
The Old Boys’ Association Scholarship Fund
The Scholarship Fund offers scholarships for sons and grandsons of Old Boys. Presently there are seven boys in the school on Scholarship Fund scholarships.
How you can help
If you would like to help provide the gift of a Christ Church education to a boy in need by providing financial support to the Old Boys’ Association or the Scholarship Trust, please submit a giving form or contact the Alumni Office.
Alumni Office Contact:
Andrew Baird, Alumni Officer: 9442 1528
Dianne Bain, Admin Assistant: 9442 1529