Pool and weights room access
The swimming pools and gymnasium (weights room) are available for use by members of the Old Boys’ Association (OBA), current staff, students and parents of Christ Church during the hours outlined below. Please note, the pools and gymnasium are operated separately and their access hours are subject to change, depending on the needs of students and our teaching program.
Community access requires identification token
Tokens are available through the School’s Main Reception and community and staff are reminded to carry this token if they wish to access the school swimming pools or weights room during community access hours.
In addition, weights room users are required to obtain an annual ‘gym’ tag issued upon completion of their annual health screening at the gym. Book direct with gym staff for your health screening. For further enquiries please contact Blair Ward directly on 0406 117 353 or email@example.com.
Monday to Friday: 6.00am to 9.00am (students, parents and staff)
Monday to Thursday: 5.00pm to 8.00pm (students, parents, old boys and staff)
Pool hours – Terms 2 and 3 2020
Monday – 5.30am to 7.30am and 5.30pm to 7.45pm
Tuesday – 5.30am to 7.30am and 5.30pm to 6.45pm
Wednesday – 5.30am to 7.30am and 5.30pm to 7.45pm
Thursday – 5.30am to 7.30am and 5.30pm to 6.45pm
Friday – 5.30am to 7.30am and 4.00pm to 6.15pm
Saturday – 6.00am to 10.30am
Sunday – closed (lifeguard and weekend afternoon access will resume again in Term 4)
Public holidays – closed
COVID-19 safety requirements and conditions of entry
- All visitors to the Aquatic Precinct must present to the Kirby Swim office to ‘sign in’ and read the COVID safety checklist
- No entry for any individuals with cold or flu like symptoms
- No entry for individuals who have been in contact with someone known to be COVID-19 positive or anyone in mandatory isolation or quarantine
- Changerooms are currently unavailable – please be prepared to swim and change/shower after you leave the Precinct (restroom available if needed)
- Pool access is for OBA members and MLC Collegians, current parents, staff and students of Christ Church and MLC
- Christ Church staff are required to sign a form and swim in pairs when using the pool during school hours
- Kirby Swim may request identification or school community tokens from anyone wishing to access the pool
- Any unsafe or untoward behaviour will not be tolerated within the Aquatic Precinct and Kirby Swim staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if required
- A minimum of two lanes will always be available for community use
- The joint CCGS/MLC pool may be closed at certain times due to safety reasons
- Children under the age of 15 will need to be supervised by a competent parent or guardian over 18 years of age
The pool is supervised by a lifeguard each Saturday and Sunday from 12.00pm to 5.00pm during Terms 1 and 4 only.