Published on: 6 July 2020
Special donors and guests were recently invited to campus for an exclusive viewing of the newly renovated change rooms in the School’s Aquatic Precinct.
As a direct result of generous support from donors during our 2019 Aquatics Fundraising Campaign, renovation works on the Aquatics change rooms and amenities commenced in December including:
- complete re-designs across all change rooms, providing better usage of space, circulation and functionality
- increased storage space for students – new lockers, footware storage and bag shelves
- installation of energy saving components to improve energy efficiency and lighting throughout
- installation of water-wise appliances for ongoing sustainability
- addition of a unisex bathroom plus ambulant toilets.
The refreshed design centres around global learning and takes inspiration from that of a plane cabin, with island bench designs and overhead baggage reflecting the curvature of plane wings, complimented with overhead aesthetic lighting.
To mark the occasion a swimming race was held involving 17 teams of four swimmers, including Olympians, old boys, current teachers and students, current and past students from MLC and boarders.
“These facilities are enjoyed by our community from learn-to-swim programs through to swim squads and general use of the pool and gym by our Christ Church families and old boys,” said Carolyn Turner, Director of Philanthropy at Christ Church.
“The original pool facilities, completed in 1968, were made possible by donations from past generations of Christ Church families.”
“Such support from our community ensures these facilities can be enjoyed by future generations.”
Names featured on the Aquatics Campaign donor wall and in the changerooms on hooks are just some of the ways our donors have been recognised for their significant support.
Like to make an impact? Visit our Annual Giving page for ways you can make a difference at Christ Church.