Giftedness and talent
Our identification program is comprehensive and ongoing as we recognise that students’ gifts and talents manifest in different ways and at different stages.
We use a range of objective and subjective measures to collect data on each student throughout their time at the School, enabling us to identify learning needs, gifts and talents, and determine the most appropriate pathway for each student.
The following measures are used:
- Standardised tests such as Academic Assessment Services (AAS) and ACER Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT)
- IOWA Scales for acceleration and early entry to school
- National Assessment Program-Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN)
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools examinations (ICAS)
- School based formative and summative assessments
- Pre-testing and off-level testing
- Teacher feedback
- Parent information