Published on: 8 August 2018
This weekend our runners will be looking to retain the Moyes Trophy in Cross Country and make it back to back titles after winning the 2017 PSA premiership.
“Aquinas are currently on top of the 2018 Cross Country ladder with 121 points. With the final 8km race to take place at Kings Park this weekend and a single point difference between Aquinas and Christ Church at stake, our runners will be giving their all to secure the premiership win,” says Director of Sport, Anthony Lynch.
“Similarly, our Hockey players are in good form and currently sit equal 1st with Hale on top of the 2018 Ray House Cup ladder.”
“Badminton and Rugby have also enjoyed a strong season with both Firsts teams sitting in 2nd position. Both have two final fixtures to be played over the next two weeks.”
“This year we have already won PSA premierships across Rowing, Swimming, Tennis and Water Polo, and by the end of the 2018 Winter season, stand chances to equal last year’s best ever result or with some luck, potentially set a new benchmark of PSA premiership wins.”
Parents, old boys and members of our school community are encouraged to come down in their blue and yellow this weekend and support our boys from the sidelines as they take on Trinity.
Fixtures for this Saturday 11 August:
- Cross Country – 9.00am start at Synergy Parkland, Kings Park (All Schools 8km race)
- Hockey – 10.30am at UWA SuperTurf
- Football – 10.30am on Battye Oval at Mt Claremont playing fields
- Badminton – 9.00am in the Christ Church Grammar School gym
- Rugby – 11.00am at St John’s Wood playing fields
- Soccer – 10.45am at St John’s Wood playing fields
We wish all our athletes the best of luck this weekend.