Published on: 7 March 2019
Five-weeks in and our youngest students in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Pre-Primary have settled beautifully into the new Early Learning Community (ELC) at Christ Church.
This week the boys were asked about their experiences and here is what they had to say:
- “I like playing outside – the slide is a bit scary but a lot of fun!” Rohan
- “I love cooking in the classroom and using the oven.” Max
- “The slide is my favourite!” Lonnie
Feedback from parents in the ELC has similarly been positive:
- “Lennox has become so confident and independent in such a short time. It is so heart-warming for me as a parent, to watch him run to his classroom door each morning. He adores his teachers and is so proud of his uniform.” Kate
- “The Pre-Kindergarten at Christ Church has exceeded our expectations. Not only are the facilities fantastic, the teachers are warm and caring, there is such a joy amongst the boys and Lachie comes home happy and content, often telling us about all the exciting things he has done at school. His whole world has opened up.” Pete and Anna
“Our aim is to provide every boy with a nurturing, stimulating and challenging environment in which to begin his learning journey and it has been wonderful to see this aim being realised,” says Early Learning Years Co-ordinator, Mrs Rebekah Garwood.
“Our indoor and outdoor classrooms are vibrant spaces of learning filled with the busy hum of boys who are engaged, active and happy. Every day I am warmly greeted with the happy faces of boys and parents – our ELC is truly a special place to be.”
Christ Church Grammar School will be hosting an ELC information morning on Monday 11 March for parents and carers of boys under the age of five. Guests will have the opportunity to meet the School’s talented educators and learn more about its ELC programs.
To find out more and to register online, click here.