Published on: 21 February 2019
Romsey’s winning streak continues after claiming its fourth consecutive victory at the Senior School House Swimming Carnival on Tuesday evening.
Romsey finished first with 793 points, retaining the Lapinski-McCoubrie Cup ahead of Queenslea (700), Wolsey (675), Noake (648.5), Moyes (617), Hill (595), Craigie (548.5) and Jupp (529).
Our age group champions and cup winners on the night were:
- Under 13 Staff Cup – Ben Frank (Craigie House)
- Under 14 Curtis Burking Cup – Charlie Reynolds (Romsey)
- Under 15 Healy Cup – Thomas Michael (Queenslea)
- Under 16 H N Giles Cup – Kai Wylie (Noake)
- Under 17 Centenary Cup – Joshua Shipton (Romsey)
- Open McGlew Cup – Hugh Moran (Wolsey)
- Lidbury Cup (Open Butterfly) – Oliver Sheldrick (Romsey)
Conor Brogan, Matthew Divirgilio, Charlie Emanuel and Thomas Keogh of Noake House set new records in the U/17 4 x 50m Freestyle Relay with a finish time of 1:51.99, exceeding the previous record of 1:52.98 (Jupp House, 2017).
“All boys put on a fantastic display as they gave their all for their respective Houses,” says Teacher in Charge of Aquatics, Mr Luke Farmer.
“Congratulations to Romsey on taking out this year’s House Swimming Carnival and to our age group champions and cup winners.”
“Our official swim team now look forward to representing the School at the PSA Inters and hopefully, retaining the PSA swimming title for the third year running.”
The final House points, age group champions and cup winners from Tuesday evening can be viewed here.
This year’s PSA Inters will be held at HBF Stadium on Thursday 14 March.