Positive Parenting strategies
Published on: 27 February 2020
As a parent, you play an important role as your son’s first teacher in the early years. Your involvement at home is critical – by reading to your son, exploring together, getting your hands dirty and having conversations, you teach him key life skills. Your praise and encouragement play an important role in helping him develop good behaviour and habits.
Commencing from Thursday 5 March, the Preparatory School will be launching a three-part series on Positive Parenting, co-hosted by Triple P.
Aimed at parents of children in Pre-Kindergarten to Year 3, these sessions are designed to provide parents with strategies and ideas on raising happy and confident kids, help harness desirable behaviours and enjoy better family relationships.
By attending, parents will be empowered to:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehaviour so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage desirable behaviours
- Take care of themselves as a parent
- Feel confident they’re doing the right thing
All three sessions will explore different topics and will be delivered by Triple P presenters and Christ Church Grammar School Psychologist, Kate Atkinson.
Click here to register if you would like to attend.