Published on: 25 June 2020
For more than a century boarders have been an integral part of our rich diversity. This week, ‘Celebrating Boarding’ Week has provided an opportunity for the School to give the community a glimpse into what makes boarding life so unique at Christ Church.
“Over the years our boarders have been known for being wonderful team mates, class mates and contributors to our community,” says Director of the Walters Residential Community Brad Downing as he reflects on the contribution of current and past boarders.
“The pandemic has created lots of disruption for us this term, however once the boys enthusiastically returned to campus, we’ve noticed an elevated level of care, kindness and compassion which has spread throughout the entire school community.”
“We’re so proud of the maturity which our boarders have shown and the resilience they have demonstrated to get through the current global crisis.”
A series of videos shared with our community this week:
- Director of the Walters Residential Community, Brad Downing discussing ‘Celebrating Boarding’ Week and highlighting the many contributions that our boarding community make to the School.
- A message from Jackson Dring (Year 12), discussing his role as Captain of Boarding.
- Reverend Nicholas Russell sharing insight into how he interacts with our boarders in his role as School Chaplain.
- A glimpse into where our boarders come from and comments on their boarding experience at Christ Church.
- Boarding Prefect James Sarre (Year 12) describing a day in the life of a boarder.
- Boarding Housemother Kim George on the important role that housemothers play in supporting our Residential Community.
- Clinical Nurse Manager Joanna Simpson describing the incredible work that our Health Centre team do for our boarding community and the wider school.
- What the boarders get up to on the weekends presented by James Sarre.
Thank you to the boarding boys and staff for making this week so enjoyable.