Aquatic Precinct makes a splash
Published on: 6 February 2020
The Christ Church Grammar School and Methodist Ladies’ College joint Aquatic Precinct is shaping the way both schools approach aquatic sports.
Since launching in December, the world-class facility which has a 40 x 25 metre and 50-metre pool has been host to swimming lessons, squad swimming, water polo and bronze medallion training.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Friday 7 February – CCGS/MLC Swim Meet at Christ Church Grammar School, 4.30pm
- Friday 14 February – Valentine’s Swim Meet at Christ Church Grammar School, 4.30pm
- Saturday 15 February – Firsts Water Polo team vs Old Boys team at Christ Church Grammar School, 9.30am
- Tuesday 18 February – House Swimming Carnival at HBF Stadium, 5.45pm
- Tuesday 25 February – Quadrangular Swim Meet at HBF Stadium, 6.00pm
Thanks to a strong swimming culture, the past 12 years has seen Christ Church win the PSA swimming title, the Tregonning Cup, on eight occasions and finish in the top three in all other years. We look forward to yet another top performance at this year’s Interschool Swimming Carnival being held at HBF Stadium on Thursday 12 March.
Any parent wishing to enquire about the School’s Aquatics program and training is encouraged to contact Head of Aquatics, Mr Luke Farmer. Information regarding community access to both swimming pools can be found on the school website under CCGS World > Quick Links > Pool & weights room access.