Travel to and from Christ Church
Getting to Christ Church Grammar School
At Christ Church, we are committed to reducing traffic in and around the School.
Christ Church Grammar School is well serviced by buses and the nearby Claremont train station. However, we recognise that there are some areas that are not on a direct route. To meet the needs of these students we provide bus services to and from certain areas.
Christ Church Grammar School and Methodist Ladies’ College bus services
The following bus services are available to students at Christ Church Grammar School and Methodist Ladies’ College.
All bus routes and times can be viewed via the links below.
Karrinyup Bus Service
This is a shared Buswest service with MLC and displays both school crests on the bus window.
The first pick up is on Jeanes Road after Prisk Street at 7.15am. This bus drops students directly outside MLC, on the College side of the road at 8.05am.
Floreat Bus Service
This bus is operated by Buswest and displays the Christ Church Grammar School/MLC crest on the window.
The first morning pick up is from 125 Cambridge Street in West Leederville at 7.22am and drops students off on Stirling Highway outside MLC.
The afternoon bus departs from the bus bay opposite MLC (students need to cross overpass) at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday at 3.20pm (Express)
- Monday to Friday at 3.45pm
Subiaco/Shenton Park/Nedlands Bus Service
The Subiaco/Shenton Park/Nedlands service is operated by Buswest and displays the Christ Church Grammar School/MLC crest on the window.
The first morning pick up is on Hamersley Road, after Rupert Street at 7.35am. This bus drops students to Queenslea Drive outside Christ Church Grammar School at 8.05am.
The afternoon bus departs from Queenslea Drive at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday at 3.20pm (Express)
- Monday to Friday at 3.50pm
Southern Suburbs Bus Service
The Southern Suburbs service is operated by Buswest and displays the Christ Church Grammar School/MLC crest on the window. The first pick up is at 7.04am on Rostrata Avenue, after Rostrata Primary School. This bus drops off students directly opposite MLC and students are required to cross Stirling Highway using the overpass.
The afternoon bus departs from the bus bay outside MLC at 3.47pm.
Please note: Roadworks are taking place in Cottesloe on Broome Street (near Eric Street roundabout) causing temporary disruption to the morning and afternoon bus route for the Southern Suburbs.
In response, the following changes will be implemented until further notice:
- Morning | 8.07am pick up – Broome Street (after Napier Street near Cottesloe Tennis Club) replaced with Napier Street (before Nailsworth Street) after round about (see here for pick up location)
- Afternoon | 3.54pm drop off – Broome Street (after Marchant Walk opposite Cottesloe Tennis Club) replaced with Napier Street (after Nailsworth Street) before round about (see here for drop off location)
Ongoing updates will be shared in our CCGS World Year Group Notices.
The School operates a tag on/tag off system for all school bus services with MLC. To utilise the system, students must use their student ID card. A student ID card is automatically issued to every student when they enter the Senior School. Preparatory School students wishing to use the bus services can request a student ID card by visiting the Preparatory School Reception. Parents may also make a request for a student ID card by phoning the Preparatory School Reception on 9442 1666.
Travel credit for student ID cards can be arranged through cash/EFTPOS payment at Main Reception. Parents may also make credit card payment over the phone (9442 1555) to add funds to their child’s card. There is no credit limit on the card for travel, so parents may wish to consider placing one large credit amount to minimise the number of visits needed to load credit.
Parents please note:
- Student ID cards are required by all students to tag on/off the bus
- The card must have sufficient credit to pay for the bus journey at all times
- If your son is awaiting a new student ID card, he can purchase bus tickets from Main Reception
- When your son’s card balance reaches $10 you will receive an email notification from RollCall. Please ignore the top-up instructions and follow the methods outlined above.
Bus travel costs
- Karrinyup, Floreat and Subiaco/Shenton Park/Nedlands bus services – $1.00 per one-way trip
- Southern Suburbs bus service – $2.50 per one-way trip
Any enquiries regarding the Christ Church Grammar School and MLC bus services should be directed to Communications & Engagement at email@example.com.