Service in Action
Christ Church’s Service in Action (SIA) program inspires boys to achieve individual and collective excellence for others.
The program is based on the Christian call to serve others, especially those less fortunate than ourselves. Service opportunities include local, national and international experiences such as working in remote Indigenous Australian communities and with vulnerable children in Cambodia
Consistent with the latest thinking and research, the idea of ‘community service’ has developed into the realisation that we learn a great deal through serving others, hence the term ‘service learning’. Those who serve in this way often report transformational experiences – especially when we have opportunities to be immersed in cultures very different to our own.
The program is directed by Mark Tait, who has had a long career in education, leadership development and corporate training.
National and international SIA programs include:
- Burringurrah Indigenous Immersion Program – March-April (for Year 11s)
- Fiji – April (for Years 7 and 8 from Christ Church and St Hilda’s)
- Garndawa Indigenous Immersion Program – May and October (for Year 11s)
- Looma Indigenous Immersion Program – June (for Year 11s)
- Yakanarra Indigenous Immersion Program – August (for Year 11s)
- Marble Bar Indigenous Immersion Program – September (for Year 11s)
- Cambodia – December (for Years 11 and 12s from Christ Church and St Mary’s)
Contact: email SIAadmin@ccgs.wa.edu.au.