The DJ Prosser Scholarship
Applications for the DJ Prosser Scholarship are now open open to all students entering Year 7 in 2025
The David Junior John Leo Prosser known as “DJ”, died peacefully in April 2020 at age 21 years at his home surrounded and supported by his Christ Church Grammar School cohorts and close family. DJ Prosser had DIPG grade 4, incurable cancer immobilizing all functions except the brain, which dies last.
His father, David Prosser, an old boy, attended and gained benefits from his schooling at Christ Church (1966). His son’s legacy is the “DJ Prosser Scholarship” – a legacy for future boys to acquire the values and skills for a successful start in life, which Christ Church powerfully nurtures. A monument or headstone in some forgotten graveyard was neither in DJ’s vocabulary nor his dad’s; the DJ Prosser Scholarship is a living legacy.
The DJ Prosser Scholarship is about helping families who find themselves in difficult financial situations. For example, families who have or are going through a divorce, illness, financial stress, bankruptcy or, whatever reason, causing their boy not to attend Christ Church.
The DJ Prosser Scholarship allows students to thrive and succeed in their chosen vocation or career, from labourer to lawyer, by attending the School. It is an opportunity to gain a well-rounded education, life skills and forge life-long friendships.
The DJ Prosser Scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees through the Christ Church Grammar School Old Boys’ Association Scholarship Trust, from Year 7 to Year 12 to an Australian student who meets the required criteria, is subject to annual review, is tenable for the duration of the boy’s education at Christ Church.
The following documents must be included with your online application.
- Completed and signed Statutory Declaration
- Two most recent school reports
- Most recent NAPLAN or other standardised test results
- Any specialist reports
- Birth certificate
- Hand-written letter by the applicant to the Principal, outlining why they would like to become part of the Christ Church community
- A short video addressing the below questions:
- Tell us about yourself (30 seconds)
- What do you like about school? (30 seconds)
- What do you like to do outside of school? (30 seconds)
- A character reference by a person (not related) who has known the student over time
- If born overseas, your child’s Permanent Residency or citizenship papers
- Any family court or parenting papers
Applications close on Monday 5 February 2024 at 4.00pm. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by Tuesday 20 February 2024.
For further information, please email email@example.com or call 9442 1703.