Published on: 26 May 2022
Today Paul Litherland visited the School to speak with students and parents on the topic of cybersaftey and internet awareness.
Mr Litherland is the 2022 State Recipient of the Australian Of The Year and a former West Australian Police Officer who served for over 20 years. He is the owner of Surf Online Safe, a Perth-based Internet Awareness consultancy and widely regarded as one of Australia’s leading key note speakers on Cybersafety.
During a series of presentations he gave to boys in Years 4 to 8, and parents, Paul covered the following topics, sharing insights from his many years in the Technology Crime Services in the WA Police.
- Digital citizenship – where our kids are going online, the apps they are using and the information they are sharing
- Online footprint – how easy it is to find kids online and what parents can do to minimise the risk
- Social networking and networking in general – how the systems work and how to overcome their reach
- Online gaming and website use – the risks and uses
- Tips and tricks – how to keep an eye on your kids through software and hardware. Easy instructions on what we can do to keep them safe online.
This event will be hosted by The Wynne Centre for Boys’ Health and Wellbeing.