Published on: 17 February 2022
Our Year 11 students have been participating in the annual Ad Astra program this week.
The purpose of Ad Astra is to motivate, inform and support boys as they begin the final two years of secondary education.
Over the course of the week, our Year 11 students have been provided with access to instructional and motivational videos, designed and produced by Christ Church teachers, which cover a variety of both subject-specific and general study skills.
The students viewed a number of presentations on the following topics:
- Building Productive Habits
- Getting the Best out of Your Brain
- Effective use of School Research databases
- Using Technology for Personal Organisation
- Psychological Wellbeing Toolkit
- Summarising Notes and Revising
- Preparing for Life After School
- Referencing and Plagiarism
“The boys have enjoyed learning some handy revision and note-taking strategies, and they have also picked up a few key tips on performing well in their chosen subjects,” said Deputy Principal and Director of Studies, Mahendra Vaswani.
Boys will have access to these videos throughout the year.