Published on: 9 February 2023
On Wednesday our Year 11 students travelled to St George’s College to participate in the annual Ad Astra program.
Developed by the School’s Studies Department, the day is an opportunity for boys to hear from a range of speakers and participate in interactive sessions in a university-style setting.
The Ad Astra program was created to motivate, inform, support and inspire students as they prepare for the the final two years of secondary education.
The students viewed a number of presentations on the following topics:
- Using Technology for Personal Organisation and Productivity
- A non-ATAR Pathway Perspective
- How to Manage Stress and Thrive in Year 11
- How to Get Organised by Building Productive Habits
- Getting the Best from your Brain
- Psychological Wellbeing Toolkit
“The boys have enjoyed learning some handy tips for revision and note-taking, they also had the chance to absorb some subject-specific presentations that will help them to succeed in their ATAR courses,” said Deputy Principal and Director of Studies, Mahendra Vaswani.